Recognizing the importance of this significant skill for the safety professional, ASSE is offering the Risk Assessment Certificate Program. It is a blended education program consisting of this three-day seminar, selected ASSE webinars, virtual symposia and classroom seminars and a final project. Upon completion of all elements of this program, you will receive a Certificate in Risk Assessment that is evidence of your competence in successfully applying occupational safety and health risk assessment principles.
236 Risk Assessment Certificate Program
3 days | June 5 - 7 | 2.1 CEUs
Recognizing the importance of risk assessment as a significant skill for the safety professional, this certificate is a blended education program consisting of a three-day seminar, online videos and a final project. Upon completion of all elements of this program, you will receive a Certificate in Risk Assessment that is evidence of your competence in successfully applying occupational safety and health risk assessment principles.
- Implement the basic steps of the risk assessment process
- Conduct a risk assessment leading to the identification and prioritization of the organization's hazards and controls
- Influence management to support risk reduction plans and efforts
- Measure the effectiveness of the risk assessment process and outcomes to support the organization's objectives
You will select the appropriate resources to produce a list of hazards for the basis of the risk assessment.
- Hazard Identification techniques
- Accumulation and review of data
- Selection of a risk assessment tool
You will begin the process of evaluating risks and learn to use recognized methods of assessment such as checklists, hazard analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, etc.
- Basic steps of risk assessment
- Methods and data sources
- Qualitative vs semi-quantitative vs quantitative
- Creating and using a matrix
- Performing a baseline risk assessment
Risk Evaluation and Treatment
You will use the tools provided in this seminar to verify risk acceptability, synthesize mitigation options, create a baseline for future risk reduction comparisons and apply hierarchy of controls.
- Identify controls (hierarchy)
- Control Selection/decision
- Identify mitigations for risk reduction
- Key metrics for the risk assessment process